21orover » Asia » South Korea » Songtan-Pyongtaek « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Asia Guide
STAFF EDITOR
Username: Asia

Post Number: 139

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Songtan Hotel Sports Massage
In town that offer Massage/ST from 100,000-160,000 won ($75-$125) for an hour. Got great service, cost me $125 for about an hour.

Tea Rooms "Tabangs" and Coffee Houses
located all over town, women working do not speak English. Charges 20,000 won ($16) per hour to take a woman out.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobtheman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been here living in Osan AB, Songtan, South Korea during the past 5 months. Prior to arriving here, I have heard of stories of people who have been here saying how awesome South Korea is. But when I arrived here, things were different from what I have heard. Bar fines for most clubs around here is $300 or more. However, there are places for a $40 short time but these are off-limits to military folks. I do NOT recommend South Korea for those who want some cheap "diversion". There are also places where you can get a nice massage/ST for $125 or higher (better than the bar fines). If any of you have a question about the scene in South Korea.

No, most of the women working in the expensive clubs are Filipina and Russian, with only a few featuring local Korean girls. The massage/ST places features local Korean girls... My experience is only limited to this city at this time, but I still have 1 year and 7 months left here to experience other places including Seoul.

The first time I was there at Osan AB in 1985, it cost me about $17 for massage and F/S (in the base gym). In 1995, the last time I was there, I couldn't get the same thing for less than $70. I think what has happened in Korea is that the Olympics came to Seoul in 1988, with all the rich tourists, and that Japanese businessmen are all over Korea now. Those guys are even worse than Americans for taking the first price offered. Pretty soon the prices inflate accordingly. By the way, in 1985, I got a massage and f/s in Kunsan for $7 (on-base). I used to get a ST for the price of a teddy bear in A-Town. It is amazing how much prices have inflated since the 1988 Olympics and people started throwing money around. Let's hope they never hold the Olympics in Thailand or Cambodia.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration