Number 1 Lobster house Sp11-12-01  2:07 pm
Rosa MarAnon12-13-01  10:07 pm
Sandra'sShaun2-01-99  5:23 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SP

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 01, 1999 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shaun and BR, I've been to PN several times. IMHO the first place on the left as you enter the town on the left with the No. 1 sign serves the best lobster. (After you pass thru the arches). Fresh and at a great price. Two of us feasted on about 9 halfs, with rice, beans, FRESH torts and several drinks for about $30. I've heard a few horror stories about a couple of the other places. This place seems to always have a line out front with the locals. I've yet to see any other lines.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SP

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 1998 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had posted about Puerto Nuevo a while back. A lobster feast for two ran me about $30 including drinks. Several posts in repsonse to my post explained that The La Fonda Hotel had the best, biggest lobster deal. Well im back after my visit to the La Fonda Hotel to report that Puerto Nuevo is still better. Well as some men prefer some women we are all entitled to our opinion of what is best. Im open to trying new places but the Puerto Nuevo spot still wins hands down. Let me explain.
Puerto Nuevo is much closer to TJ then the La Fonda Hotel and there are several places that serve lobster. I think this is where the problem lies of WHO has the best lohster. If you've been to Puerto Nuevo to have lobster you might note that there is ONLY one restaurant that always has a line. When you drive under the arches as you enter this fishing villiage its the first restaurant on the left as you enter. It has a large neon #1 over the door. I've talked to lots of people while standing in this line about why they prefer this restaurant. Its always the same, the other places try to cash in on the reputation that this place has. Big fresh lobster and low prices. The other places don't rate well as far as good lobster, fresh lobsters or the price. SO I suggest if you want to compare lobsters make sure you try the #1 lobster restaurant first.

Ok now for the La Fonda Hotel lobster meal, it was a Sunday around 5pm where one would expect a crowd. The place was 1/3 full, basically all the window seats were taken. The waiters seemed to be slow and getting any kind of service took time. This was never a problem at PN. I've taken some photos of the lobsters at both PN and LF and will post them on a page at www.jrssg.com in the future. The lobster was no bigger then at PN, however it did not look or taste as fresh. (3) mid sized lobsters, beans, rice, torts, soup and a salad. Oh yes the coffee was included also, for $22.50 per person. That would be $45.00 for two people as opposed for the same amount of lobster at PN for $30. The other nice thing about PN is that you can order extra lobster tails if you want more. I don't know about you but I can down more then 3 mid sized tails. I don't have to buy a whole extra dinner. Hotel La Fonda does have a nicer restaurant, candles, a view and pesky musicans that ask for money to play you a tune. The place was stricky a Gringo hangout. PN has a mixed crowd of locals which tells me that even the Mexicans think PN has good food. After spending $60 for dinner for me and my chica I think I prefer to stick to PN. Its closer, cheaper and IMHO its better food. The rice and beans were even fresher.
In the end we all have our own opinion of what a good TJ woman should be like. I bet we will all differ with opinions about food too. Its best to give these places a try yourself to decide.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration