Parking in TJSP12-19-98  12:09 am
Commuter PassesAnonymous11-18-98  1:00 pm
Renting a CarSP11-15-98  1:37 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rich

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Twin Towers incident has affected the wait getting back into the U.S. Last Sunday night, it took the GOODFELLAS three hours to get across the border. Of course, we didn't take our own advice about border crossing... Wait until 5:45am to cross back over. The reason for this is simple... From 10pm to 5am there are only a few lines open for crossing back over to the U.S. At 5am, the US Customs old timers/Day shifters come on duty and start waving cars through like crazy to knock down the line that built up all night.

As for the military getting involved, that's a bit of a joke. Fifty unarmed marines standing at the border doing nothing but looking tough doesn't do anything for law enforcement, but does manage to make the weak hearted stop to stare.

The coyotes will always take the opportunity to up the price. I WOULD say to use a reputable coyote, but there really aren't any... If you have a chica you want to sneak back & forth, get fake papers instead of playing with the coyotes. You'd be surprised at the quality of some of the fake papers I've seen...Not that I'd EVER advocate breaking any laws....GOODFELLA RICH

Anon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How has the recent Twin Tower incidents effect the TJ prostitution trade? Are the lines longer when you enter or exit the US? I've hear rumors that there are long lines to renter the US now.

I've also heard that due to the military getting involved the coyotes are charging the border jumpers $1500-$2000 per crossing rather then $900-$1200.

Rich

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It appears that opinions DO vary by person.... Tijuana is like any other place. It is what you make of it and its better if you know where you're going and what you're doing. Let the dumb gringoes who don't do their homework hang out on Revoloution and get mugged by gang members from L.A.. Find a taxi and ask the driver to take you to zona norte. Its only a few blocks from Revolution but a world apart. Stroll through the Adelita Bar, knowing you could screw any of those hotties for a mere 60 bucks. If you want to see clean streets and perfectly maintained sidewalks, go back to the U.S... Remember to wrap your whacker before you attack her....

Timdolan

Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shithole that is exactly what TJs is not.

Its a great Fuckhole in my opinion. Southern California's sex Industry was built around there after careful consideration .Thanks to the repressive Christian Right Wing and Pat Robertson crowd in Orange County people drive 100 miles or so and get thier jollies out. On a given weekend you will find your doctor, mechanic, librarian, and your dentist hanging around Adelitas Bar or clubs around it. Meanwhile the goody-two-shoes Mom wearing her shorts does her shopping on the Avenue Revolucions along with kids as daddy has gone "somewhere" and waits upon him.......

J

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a personal choice, TJ is close for guys who live in southern California. It does have crime and people get mugged but if you follow the rules, (take a taxi and walk in the streets) there is less of a chance for problems. Prices for street girls range from about $15-$40 including the room. Girls in the bars range from $40-$80 for 30 minutes including the room. If you've got other options like Asia, Europe or local MP action I agree it's not worth the time. Out of 100 girls maybe 10 are above 5 in looks while the rest are fair, passing etc. There're also a huge number of fat, unattractive women in the mix. Many women speak very little english so there's not much communication. They do understand numbers and words like "sucky fucky". Beware of pick pockets wandering the zone, drunks and TV's. Health wise girls in the bars are "suppose" to carry valid health cards. These cards are issued by a local clinic and require monthly visits. While some girls care about health others prefer to not know if they have a problem. Your in Mexico and bribes are common so anything can happen. Hotels in the zone are way below the Motel 8 standard in the US. Roaches running along the floor are common. If you park on the street in Mexico expect to have your car stolen or broken into. Parking on the border will cost you from $7-$10 for 24 hours. The cab fare from the border to the zone runs about $5-$6 each way. SO add the $20 extra for parking and cab to your expenses. Food, off Revolution you have Hard Rock Cafe, Sanborne's (similar to Denny's in the US open 24hrs), Carl's Jr and KFC. Giganti (24hr super market)is midway down Revolution on the east side of the street. They have a good parking lot with security also. Taco stands are everywhere, make sure things are cooked well and avoid things in the sauce form. Also steer clear of dairy on the street stands. Decent food is also available at the restaurant next to Adelita Bar as well as across the street from the Chicago Bar. I suggest you give TJ a try and make up your own mind. It's not first on my list even if it's a few hours drive.

Magicman
Contributor
Username: Jayhawk

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beware of TJ cops! I got busted Tuesday night a block east of Revolution next to the old Hai Lai building. They stopped me and a chica when we are on foot walking toward the La Villa de Zaragoza Hotel. The two cops separated us and started asking me questions. The cop who was questioning me asked me if the chica was my friend. When I said yes, he asked me what her name was. I had forgotten, since I had just met her. Then he frisked me and went through my fanny pack. He found condoms, lubricant, and some toys. They took us to the police station and took my picture and put us back in the car. Then they came out of the police station and took us to jail. The told me I would have to pay a fine or spend 36 hours in jail. The TJ jail is a scary sight! I found a cop who spoke English and was able to negotiate our release for $120. He would not allow the chica to leave with me, so I gave her $10 cab fare and took a taxi to the border. Bottom line: If you are a white guy with a chica, you are likely to get stopped if you are out of the Zona Norta. And you may got thrown in jail with no trial.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration